Meet your favourite children’s authors, illustrators, storytellers and performers.
All in one place, all for free.
This national festival celebrating children’s literature is one of the biggest of its kind in the world, and is a highlight of the New Zealand literary calendar. Over 100,000 children and their families have attended The Storylines Family Days since it began 23 years ago.
2016 STORYLINES FESTIVAL FAMILY DAYS
20-28 August 2016
The six free Family Days are this year being held in Dunedin, Christchurch, Wellington, Kaitaia, South Auckland and Auckland, between 20-28 August.
The Storylines events are designed to:
• celebrate NZ children's literature with children and their families across socio-economic boundaries
• spark children's imaginations and offer them the chance to meet emerging and established New Zealand authors and illustrators in the flesh
• showcase NZ children's authors and illustrators' work, along with that of international guests who join us
• nurture the authors and illustrators of tomorrow, giving them the opportunity to tell their own tales, draw their own dreams
• provide authors and illustrators with the opportunity to share their craft, develop new collaborations
• open up opportunities to increase sales of NZ literature.
All the Storylines Festival Family Days are free, enabling young people and their families access to high quality New Zealand literature.
Further details here - http://www.storylines.org.nz